Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 10 (How Long Will The Low Last ?)

Sick so so sick. At this time im back at my room having busted 40 mins ago, i hate this game so much more when the luck factor kicks in when ive been avoiding prefloppers and playing my best live poker ever. Oh well interested to see how long this last but it hurt big time and it will take some getting over for sure, details below.

1st table for 2 hours it all went wrong as i kept getting reraised out of pots. I dropped from 79k start to as low as 43k but then snatched a 10k pot on my bb when i called a raise with K8off and fired out on a 9 high board vs sb and raiser. I had intended to rock the first levels but the agressive side of me got the better and i dont regret that one bit. My new table looked fairly basic but i knew again we would split within an hour or so. I hit the first break with 56k so wasnt happy but then again felt this new table could be easier for a bit after the break. On my return from the break i had been quite active, i actually raised 3 pots running at one point and took them all down with A9, KQstd and AK so i knew i had some good image if i could just get the right situations. I also had made a big move shown below when playing a 50k stack:

600/1200 utg makes it 3500 but looks so weak doing it and after the raise, ABC rock calls in late position and i look at 10,8std on the button. Earlier levels i call here but i have picked up on weakness and just when im thinking im shoving the sb and bb pass out of turn which completes my decision. utg and rock guy fold as fast as possible.

I got back to 67k and was feeling very good and ready to move unless some big hands came then the pokergods turned on me and decided my fate in the tournament in a sick way in no more than a 15 minute period: 3 hands is all it took at 600/1200 blinds:

1) I raise my standard raise to 4000 yet again from utg+2 with QQ, button moves allin for approx 30k. Its a total no brainer with my image and with it being 26k for a 66k pot and i make a quick call. He has AQoff and the board comes Axxxx before im kindly imformed by utg and bb that they both folded an ace, great stuff. I think i was more pissed off about the guy shouting when the ace came like he deserved it, i hate people that go nuts when they suck out but i kept my cool and just switched my mp3 on max volume. I have 35k remaining so would have broke the 100k mark with a less than 70k average had it held up :(

2) Steaming but knowing still a chance using luck and maybe some aggression a 20k guy utg makes it 4000 to go. It folds to me in the sb and i look down at my highest hand of the tournament, AA. (QQ 5 times prior before that, no other big pockets above 10s) I just move allin knowing the guy is probably committing but at the same time knowing its only 16k for him to call for a 43k pot so im not getting cute and letting him hit for free by slow playing. He eventually makes the call and only shows 8d9d (although this of course is the 2nd worst hand he can show against my AA (no diamond) ). TV cameras make it over and i tell the table i will explode if this doesnt hold up. Flop is a juicy 10dJdQx, cheers for that. I get up and walk away but come back for the turn of Jx to tease me with more outs for me but a blank comes on the river and im left on 12k and bending under the table next to us where ive threw my earphones in disgust.

3) We only have a few more hands before we break, i spot my new table and im utg+1 so i quickly announce "coming in on 46" to the dealer to make sure i get a hand as im in push mode and want the freebies b4 the big blind in the hope of getting something. I get dealt 66 first hand so move allin obviously, but utg+2 calls with AhQx. I think i knew what cards were coming although obviously i was pleased to see no overpair. Flop comes queen high with 3 hearts, goodnight i aint gonna improve and i dont improve. Pot size would have been 27.5k.

So thats the end of the line for me, i guess i will do a review of vegas or the main event as a whole but generally i know i took my game to an even higher level, bluffing my arse off more and i generally made all round good decisions against some awful players and more often a bunch of rocks. Once again as soon as it hits the allin stage of a big event i suffer badly with the luck factor but i know its part of the game that keep the liquidity and popularity there, its just gutting as obviously i only play a limited number of high buyins so it hasnt had a chance to swing the other way so much yet.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

try to remember how good you are.
you know how to play, you know how to win and also know that it comes down to roi. in live events you will win just the same as online. you are destined for greatness so don't get too down when the bad breaks come. it happens to us online as well but it's easier to start a new game there. here we have to wait a few weeks.
dont forget how good you are - be patient.
oh and by the way, i'll be at the pool in 10 mins if you fancy getting drunk.

Robert "Animal" Price said...

be down in 5-10 cant make me feel any worse

ShaaBoom said...

Robert,

Excellent write up.

Unlucky mate you played well by all accounts.

Chin up and get drunk with that Azislut.

Shaa

Anonymous said...

gutted, but just remember it always comes good in the end... luck can only last so long..

enjoy

l

Amatay said...

Nice write up mate. Unlucky in the Main Event that sucks. Just enjoy the rest of your time in Vegas mate, gl