Friday, March 23, 2007

Levels 3 & 4

10,800 didnt move much at my new table.

First hand of interest was sb unraised pot with maybe 4 others in at 75,150. I had 23std and the flop came 22J. I led out for 400 and got 1 caller. Turn was a 6 and i led out for 1000 which was called. River was a 10 and i bet 1600. The guy took ages and made lots of cringes which set my memory into overload. I realised id played with this guy before as i remembered being in a pot or 2 with him before. We spoke later on and he was a guy i clashed with in St Kitts $220 event that i cashed in and had busted him out of just before the final table. Anyway he finally made the call and i was expecting to see KJ,J10 or QJ. He shows 25std and we split !!!

I then took lots of flops missing many and getting bet out of 1 or 2 hands and dribbled down to a low of 7500 feeling sorry for myself:

100,200 in the bb i pick up J8off and just button and sb call.
flop is Jd8x7x and we all check. turn is 6d and sb bets 500. I know i have the 8d in my hand as i always take care to memorise suits preflop so i dont have to look back unless i need to. However i look back to make the sb think im on a single card flush draw hoping that he will call a pay me bet on river if no diamond comes. River is a blank 3 and sb checks as i expected. I hope ive looked weak on this and but a good sized 1000 in expecting a call. He thinks then calls but mucks claiming he had a lower 2 pair. Im back to 9500 and the next hand comes 5 minutes before the 75 minute dinner break.

I flat call 200 utg+1 with 77 and everyone folds. A,6,3 and bb bets 300. I call to chase/see if he fires on the turn. I catch the golden 7 on the turn and he bets 500. I reraise it 1000 more and he immediately moves allin just covering my 9000 stack. Again a no brainer i call at the speed of light and he shows A5off and misses the 4 outs river. Lose 700 nxt hand raising AJstd and being reraised by AK who showed when i passed and went to dinner with 17,700 and very happy.

No comments: