Friday, March 23, 2007

Level 9

400,800 with ante of 75 its costing almost 2000 a round if i dont play so im looking to gamble now. Its very difficult to pick spots as its 10 handed most of the time but all the same i dont want to come back on Saturday with less than 25,000 chips really and my target at the start of the day was 30,000. Bear in mind the level after this is 600,1200 with 100 ante so the jump is even bigger. Its the bold pushes/luck/get some hands key part of any tournament and here is what happened.

I didnt feel any spots at the start and basically was about 13-16k this level once i didnt play 10 hands.

I overraised a 2400 raise with 88 in the sb. He only had about 8k behind but folded very quickly. This was a risky play but i was comfortable for a flip or if he had a monster so be it.

I raised with K3off in the hijack and the button spent ages before moving in with an obvious big hand and claiming i folded AJ or maybe A10, he didnt show. (At least nobody guessed what i had from the way i was playing the whole day and often were well off the mark)

I pushed allin in my sb with K7std and took the blinds.

Then my 2 exit hands:

8 handed at this stage of a game im always going to push in with any pocket pair if im in the pot first and when i move in with 22 im called by the bb who has KK. I dont improve and lose a 20k pot leaving me crippled just under 5k.

My bb a few hands later and with huge pot odds im happy to commit against the sb who puts me allin when i see J10off its a no brainer for me. He shows A9off and a total blank board comes. I lose the 10k pot and exit in about 50-60th at 3:30am. (about 1/3 of the day 1a field in)

No comments: