Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Short & Sweet, Rough & Smooth

As i write this i am at what is definitely my lowest feeling in poker to date. I didnt think i would feel worse this year than busting out of the WSOP main event but im mad with myself, my play, my preparation and my attitude to the game today. Basically im absolutely livid.

I lasted just over 2 levels when i bust my whole stack (less 25 chips) overplaying aces on the last hand before the break. Bust pot is as follows:

I raise to 400 (50,100) mid late position and get caller on button and in the big blind. Flop is 9d10dxx and i bet 900 which is reraised by the bb to 2400 (yes i know i should have folded there). The bb has been in more pots than anyone and i make a decision that he doesnt have better than a draw or a pair and flat call, almost certain to move in on the turn. The turn is a Kx and i am stubborn enough to stay with it despite his 3400 bet and move in. He shows 9,10 for 2 pair and i fail to improve and am left on 25 chips. Get that to 300 after the break then exit A4 vs AJ.

I never felt comfortable at the table and for some reason i just didnt have my head on today. I know im so mad mainly because ive gone out on a stupid hand which for a player of my standard is just not good enough. Anyway i will take the positives from this, that being the lesson not to overplay big pairs in early levels in big events. I also think i sub consiciously put pressure on myself in this event because of my good record to date in big games. I know i play better when im relaxed and feel like im freerolling with any win is a bonus attitude. Hopefully this feeling will not last too long as i can now have a few days holiday.

Other hands maybe worth a mention, well not really but ill stick em in anyway.

Blinds 25,50 i make it 200 utg with QQ. Flop is AJ8 and i bet 300 which is raised to 800, i put the guy on trips bare ace or AJ and peel off another card as i know potential to bust him is huge if a queen should come. Turn is a 10 giving me additional outs and he bets only 600 pricing me in which i call but miss and fold to a 1600 river bet.

Blinds 50,100 i call a utg raise of 300 with QQ. Flop Qh9hQx chk chk. Turn is a blank but i bet the quads to try and make the hand look weaker and he calls my 275 bet. River is a Jx and i check putting him on AK or a failed draw. I believe i was right as he bet 700 very weakly into the pot and i raised to 2500 before he folded so i was happy with the chips i got from that hand.

Blinds 50,100 i raise to 300 with KK and get 3 callers, flop is 975 and i bet 1100 to which all fold.

Er thats about it for any ok sized pots, anything else was just minimal pots. So i floated between 12000 and 16000 before that stupid pot.

So thats 4 big event multis ive played to date and 1 big event sixpac heat. Its still a good record to have cashed in 2 out of the 5 and hopefully i can look forward to the future and forget most of this in a hurry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gutted mate. anyway u can enjoy the rest of your holiday noW!