Saturday, September 30, 2006

September Review

Nothing of interest on the tourneys today, only a few played and was never really up for it while suffering one of my lovely hangovers (cheers Wayne for the shots i shouldnt have gone onto). Anyway on to the monthly review instead.

Its been a strange month, seems to have gone very quickly for me anyway. Another CPC package is the obvious highlight and achievement. As i went last year and cashed 13th/252 i know what to expect this time. I am really looking forward to returning to St Kitts with another all inclusive package and ill make sure i enjoy it to the max regardless of how the poker goes. As a poker package goes its easily the best one ive won or have wanted to win. The surroundings are very nice and there is the option of playing as little or as much poker as i want to out there. It will be nice to play in the same big event 2 years running as well although i must not put daft high expectations on myself given my result last year. As most of you know i was very unlucky to finish 13th with some nasty beats and i know i cannot play the tournament much better than i did last year.

Final profit for the month finished at £528 which im happy enough with when i have the $9500 of package as well. I played too many cash games and not enough tournaments within the month and i will change this approach next month. My patience wasnt great later in the month and thats why i just didnt enter many tournaments, saying that i could have played better cash games and the patience factor probably cost me a bit there too. Recurring illnesses did not help and i found myself quite bored a lot of the time because of this.

The other success for the month was my horse getting me some prize money in the region of £300 which will also almost certainly increase its sale value in the next month or two. I believe i will receive the money along with the sale money once its sold and to date i dont know exactly when this will be. It will be a nice addition to a future months profit/bankroll anyway.

October expectations ? Well i dont normally set any but i will be making sure i play more tournaments for starters. Apart from that i will just be trying to regain some focus and hopefully get a bit fitter as well. I did lose some weight last month but im only a tiny bit fitter and (provided i dont get ill again) i will attempt to reverse this in October. Yeh stop laughing :))

No comments: