Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another Online Poker Perk

I logged on this afternoon for a little while before i was due to play golf at 4pm. At 3pm i received an email from ladbrokes giving me just 5 hours notice of a laddies horse shareholder freeroll ! So intead of staying down and probably having a drink or two after golf i came straight back to play the freeroll. Due to the short notice there were less than 80 entrants with 18 VIP packages to the Curragh (In Ireland) racecourse up for grabs. I won one although im not 100% sure ill go yet due to the difficulty of travelling to these things.

Laddies Poker is not a definite to run, we find this out on sunday afternoon 48 hours before the race.

If i go i get $300 for travel. I also get 1 nights hotel (bound to be well posh) accomodation.

It costs money to take someone with me into the VIP bit, ive been told £150 but not officially.

Pricing it up it looks like "easiest" option is Exeter - Dublin return flight for about £100.

Fly possibly on the Monday and pay for an extra night accomodation or i could risk the Tuesday flight which gets to Dublin about midday and then make my way to the course from there but this will make the Tuesday more rushed and maybe not so relaxing. Return Wednesday flight for definite.

I still have the 50 miles to Exeter to get lift for and the 20 miles or so to the racecourse from the airport as well.

I need to way up all the above and see if anyone is viable to go with me or whether i would wanna go by myself anyway and i have to think fast and make decisions as its such short notice.

Hopefully blogging has helped the thought process by the summary above anyway, time to sleep on it for now :))

No comments: