Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No Joy

Despite the blinds being too fast i still managed to pick my spots well and increase my stack uncalled in the beginning with no real premium cards then QQ lost to AK leaving me crippled instead of huge chip leader of 6. I got back in 99 vs A7 and then agressed well to become chip leader of 5 before i lost a 4k pot A7 vs 88 but then i doubled back to 1/4 with 88 vs AQ. Unfortunately i went completely card dead from there on and after being overraised a few times started to think it wasnt my day. In the end i went out Q10 vs A4 for a pot that would have put me virtually heads up 8k vs 11k vs 1k.

In the end you need a fair bit of luck no matter how well you play in these and it will come, after all someone has to win these play offs and i know in the long run i will win more than most.

No comments: