Wednesday, August 30, 2006

End of The Month Approaches

I havent played much since Sunday other than a few cash sessions, my steady form continues though and i actually have passed the profit figure i was mentally hoping i would reach for the month , that being £15,000. Obviously i could have a losing session or 2 and drop back below that in the 48 hours but i wont be restricting my play to stop the chance of that.

9 way play off tonight for a £1k seat + expenses in Bolton this weekend, i will mentally freeroll this as im not that bothered about going away so soon after Vegas but will be happy to for a £1k seat as any cash in the tournament would make it worthwhile.

Couple of pots in NL cash i was playing in last couple days are shown below. both 4 handed.

1) 3,6$ NL
I flat call after another caller on the button with 6d5d and the big blind makes it 24$ in total to go, the initial caller calls , so i call for value as well.
Flop is 874 rainbow and all 3 of us go all in or the flop, raiser has AA , caller has 77. My straight holds and i triple up to $1350.

2) 1.5,3$ NL
I raise to 9$ with 77 and get called by the button and the big blind. Flop is 763 with 2 clubs, all my money goes in on the flop and both callers coming in as well. Button has 66 and big blind has Ac5c. The flush hits on the turn and i lose a $850 pot.

These are good examples of why i used to hate playing NL cash at any kind meaningful stakes. I just didnt have the mindset to cope with these sort of stitch ups when i was on the wrong end of one. However, i dont know what has changed but i now recognise these will happen and they will even out and i actually enjoy these pots for the certain rush you get when the cards are still being dealt. I would lie if i said i didnt like losing them, but i seem to move on in minutes and play my normal game regardless.

No comments: