Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Things Can Only Get Worse

Well thats what i believe at the minute , i seem to making some of the best reads of my life online and playing really well only to get outdrawn time after time or stitched up by juiced up tables.

Sixpacs loss (3 played) -£32

Played a few multis and again i can confirm im damn annoyed, pissed off and about ready to smash something.

Think it was AJ vs A10 in a blind battle in a £20 muti when the blinds are smallish , i go allin over the sb raise, never a call but the A10 calls immediately and flops top pair and a flush draw , that sums up the day best probably.

$100 game ,20 minute blinds im incredibly active , pull off 1 or 2 good semi bluffs only to lose A7 vs 33 , 33 vs AK , 1010 vs KK (5 handed when very active and couldnt fold to the overaise despite the other guy making it obvious he had better). The only hand i won preflop all game was a AJ vs A3 , bring on WSOP with a deep stack and the opportunity to play some proper poker.

Lets see what else do we have oh this is a good one. 15k £55 buy in. I have 1700ish and blinds are 15,30. 88 utg flat call , 1 other caller and sb makes it 150 to go. I consider fold as dont like 5xbb raises but decide to call as can afford the knock if miss and he may only have overcards, other guy calls. Flop K84 chk chk chk. turn = 9 chk i decide to bet as want big pot or someone to pay for gutshot (no flush draws possible) or whatever and bet 210 into the 480 , next guys folds , sb raises single element to 420. I way up situation and decide he has KK or AK (mayb 99 but unlikely) , decide to flat call and decide on river as AK might not pay me if i go back over top here. River is a 3 and this guy bets 450, now for me the only option is to call or raise allin online , i put the guy on KK but call anyway to see and im correct that the suspicious betting indicates. Im left with 700ish chips and thank the guy for not busting me. In reality i was congratulating myself for somehow not pumping the pot and busting. I know for a fact thats the first time ive only called someone down on a rainbow board with no possible straights out there with trips. board was K8493 , 3rd nuts trips as well LOL. I think that is without doubt my best escape online (although of course u never get to see what the other has if u normally make a big fold). Anyway left with 700 chips i get to 800 before this hand really does me. 9,10off towards button i call 50 after utg caller and just blinds in flop is KJ7 giving me double gutshot. utg bets 50 i call and happy to only lose 50 if miss , turn is Q to give me straight although there are 3 diamonds out there. utg bets 200 , makes me suspicious with increased bet but im too weak to fold so go 700 allin, he calls instantly with A2off including ace of diamonds and the river is the lovely diamond to prevent me getting right back into a tournament i should have bust on already.

Cant remember my exit on a £12 sub for the 50k but know it was a outdraw as well.
And the £27 10k i raised a 150 blind to 600 with 88 (when only holding a 1200 stack) commiting to hand no matter what only to be overraised by KJstd. Yes that hand must have looked pretty to fool with spare chips , absolutely no way he would have been ahead of any hand i was holding there as i know my exact position stackwise and wasnt gonna be pushing or raising with worse. Anyway flop is , u could guess , KJ and a rag , what a surprise.

Im actually amazed at the last 2 days of poker , i know everyone has bad runs but the draws and fools getting lucky by playing hands awful are really doing me in. Due to the shorthanded nature of most of my games there arent as many preflop allins so im very surprised at this run.

Not sure how to approach the game now as i thought today playing more multis would make me feel bit better but the outdraws have been worse. May well go lower in entry stakes if i can handle it for a bit to try and guarantee winnings or more importantly confidence.

No comments: