Monday, June 26, 2006

Hangover Poker

I know the two dont mix, the trouble is when your luck is useless in the right places and you combine that with a hangover you usually end up with one of your worst days of poker for losses and enjoyment. The other problem is when i have one of my hangovers i never seem to motivate myself to do anything physical so often end up playing anyway knowing i wont enjoy it, but through serial boredom.

Sixpac Loss (played 12) : -£244

Multis were a joke lost $109 and £27 ones with beats and no luck when you really need it for the massive pots or ones that guarantee money, cards were pretty bad in both and when i did get a hand it was usually beaten. Played the $100 very agressive especially at the final table and it was paying off until suddenly there seemed to be a premium hand or 2 out there every hand , very juiced up in my experience and impossible to steal with big stack as constantly being overraised by a table of rocks. my A10 beat AK to stay in with 10 left but as you expect when you have been running bad all day i lose every preflop allin after that 77 vs AA vs QQ, J9 vs AQ, KQ vs A10 to name a few.

I know there is swings both ways but its damn annoying when you run into huge hands and lose 3 preflops or more on the trot as seemed the case too often today, whether it be sixpac or multi.

Had my only losing omaha cash day for weeks too , only $60 but that was in such a short period of maybe 10 minutes and was to such a bad player calling my $40 bet with a straight draw on the turn (when i only have $40 left) with no implied odds then when he rivers me he doesnt bet and i check out and take the mickey then leave.

Finish early and try to start a complete fresh tommorrow after that rubbish.

No comments: