Sunday, June 11, 2006

Bollox it wasnt meant to be. Key pot for me was a Q10off in bb of 50 utg had raised to 150 and got called so i called for value, flop was J9rag rainbow and i check raised the raiser as he only had 2k and i had 3600 (3k starting stack) at the time so could afford a knock if i was against a high pocket pair. he had aces and despite a queen on the turn improving my outs from 8 to 13 i missed and was left on 1600. Just to put it in context if that pot had hit i would have been chipleader out of 14 left (there were 2 packages and $3600 for 3rd from the 16 entrants) .I got right back in limping with queens for 50 and doubling on a jack ragrag flop against j9 but actually was very unlucky exiting for another pot worth 4500 10s vs kk when i reraised a button raiser from the small blind and the big blind had KK ! I had played 2 sets of trips early on fast on the flop and got a call then a fold on the turn on both, shame as i played them the same as the Q10 hoping the raiser had a big pocket pair and was sucked in. It wasnt an easy game as all my raises were either called or reraised ! , oh for more genuine cards ! 12th was my finish in the end i think, all blogged out of my system so time for more drinks and put that one down to experience.

No comments: