Monday, April 24, 2006

The CPC really drained me, i was amazed as to how knackered i was when i got back to england, but as i was paid it was worth it.

The rest of december was uneventful apart from narrowly missing out on a seat to the Party Poker Million Cruise in Mar 2006. Again through sub qualifying for $30 i got to a multi of $250 with 850 runners and 16 packages up for grabs, spare cash to 17,18 and 19th as well.

I finished 23rd , i know how to play these multis and its all about getting your chips in the pot first then u shouldnt be called at the late stage unless u r badly beaten. Unfortunately a stack that had me just covered decided to call my all in on a raised pot flop 754 board, we both were in about 13,14/23 left at the time so huge risks were not necessary. He raised me on the flop and i moved all in with JJ ....instant fold for other guy as he still has more than enough chips to probably make the seat. But no he calls me with 76off and spikes a 6 on the river for 2 pair, i couldnt believe the foolish call as we were both almost safe and to even call the raise preflop was bad enough. Anyway that pot would definitely 99% of guaranteed me the seat but it just wasnt to be, move on and take it on the chin.

No comments: